Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the contest to improve international relationship improve international relation?
I suddenly hit on this idea! This must be one of the best ways to improve international relationship!

If we could prove its efficiency, then we gotta act for it, somehow!
The last thing this world needs is an open inbox for everyone and their goldfish to submit their genius ideas... most of which would cause more damage than good.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
There are people working day in day out trying to do these things with decades of knowledge and experience

even if someone were to have a good idea it'd be buried under millions of others and would probably not even be given much consideration
I'm confused about what you mean: a contest to come up with a solution for improving international relationships, or holding actual contests (like the Olympics?) to improve international relations?

Former is just... I mean it's a no. There's actual professionals actively working on solutions everyday, and they don't need the largely ignorant public butting in and thinking they know what's best. I get the train of thought that the more input/ideas you get, the more likely you are to stumble upon a good solution -- and in fact, there may be some people within the general public who do have great ideas, but they'd be a very small minority. The general population largely lacks the political engagement required to have a good understanding of how to come up with good solutions to these problems (e.g. I know quite a lot of people in Australia think that the solution to our international relations issues are... to kick internationals out of our country).
The latter, like I said, already exists in a few forms. I think it has been successful to certain extents, but every time the Olympics rolls around it seems to resurface certain tensions between nations as well.

It's important to think of international relations as the dynamic thing it really is. Achieving a good relationship does not mean its concrete, and does not mean its an end goal. Think of your relationship with your parents or with your friends. Sometimes it's really good, then something can happen, you argue, and it's not so good. Over time it can improve or decline depending on how both parties handle the situation. Same thing happens between countries. There is never going to be one solution -- especially with so many parties involved.

• єиα •
(2019-08-22 02:41:58)Ena Wrote: in fact, there may be some people within the general public who do have great ideas

If they have the actual skills to come up with good, workable ideas, they probably know the people working on the issues already, anyway. It's a small community.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ena