Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A boring life blog
I recently got my first job at a factory that produces pull tabs and bingo cards. I've only ever worked with pull tabs though. I've been there almost two weeks now. I like it! The people are nice and helpful, and the job isn't stressful. It's the exact kind of job I wanted! One thing I wasn't used to was standing all day, cause those weren't muscles that I used that often in the past. I'm slowly getting used to it, and I'm pretty good standing now. I haven't gotten a paycheck yet, but I should get one soon. I'm excited for that!

I'm thinking of saving up for a new computer now that I have a job. I also want to help out my mom with rent, and hopefully down the road, I can get my own place. But that's future life goals, not present life things. I don't really do much gaming on my computer, but I still want it to run really smoothly. So if anyone has any ideas there, like what kind of computer they recommend I get for that, I would appreciate it. I prefer desktops to laptops. I've had bad luck with laptops (but the ones I got may have just been poor quality).

My mom is looking for a house because my brother is getting evicted. He's 29, I'm 22, and we're both living with my mom. Well they caught my brother drinking alcohol in the fitness room cause there's a camera in there. They only warned him for that, but that led to them requiring him to sign a lease agreement. Well my brother is a convicted felon, and that apparently violates the Safe Housing Act, which I had never heard of. I think it's stupid, personally. My brother has a temper, and he drinks at times and places when he shouldn't, but he's my brother. It's not like he's a dangerous criminal. It's a stressful time for my mom, and if he doesn't leave by a certain date, sometime in October, then they'll probably make all of us leave. Sorta stressful, but there's a good chance of that not happening, so I'm not really worrying about it.

Anyway, that's my life recently. Not too exciting, I suppose. I'm really glad I have a job now though.
Nothing like 20 hours of sleep to really work up an appetite.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • Alice, Ena, heart, IcyMind, Verdusk
Nice to see you have a job that actually pays decently *cries in Venezuelan*. Sorry to hear about your brother, I uhh, am not good with these kind of things.

However, I can show you a cool place that has guides for pc building.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds
My avatar comes from https://thegamercat.com/
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Residays for this post:
  • Mystery
Oh, I'd rather get a pre-built one. I'm clueless when it comes to PC building. Thanks though, and I appreciate it.

(2019-09-26 12:31:03)Mystery Wrote: Oh, I'd rather get a pre-built one. I'm clueless when it comes to PC building. Thanks though, and I appreciate it.

Search video tutorials on how to build one, or ask someone to help you. You save a lot of money.
My avatar comes from https://thegamercat.com/
life blogs aren't boring if you come here, it's the best "content" in my opinion. wish you luck with money management, can be really difficult.
PLAY ECCHI VIDEO SLOT - http://www.mediafire.com/file/44q24eech9vs7p2/Ecchi_Beta_1.2d_%2528R2C%2529.exe/file
[Image: o3TFRSC.png]
message me on discord if you want uncensored version :3
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to IcyMind for this post:
  • Mystery
Another update.

My new job is repetitive. It's causing my hands and wrists to throb and sometimes hurt. I looked it up, and it sounds like it's De Quervain's Tendinitis, which is caused by repetitive activities and overuse. It also says it's more common if you've had a wrist fracture, and I've broken a bone in my left wrist (and my left wrist does hurt more than my right wrist). I'm really having second thoughts about staying at this job. I know it would be a steady income, but I don't know if it's worth it. It might be better to quit and look for a different job, but it also might be better to tough it out at this job and start applying for other jobs. What should I do? I could go to the doctor and find out for sure what's wrong and (hopefully) fix the issue, but healthcare in the US is outrageously expensive, and I don't even know if going would help. It sucks cause the people at my job are nice and I don't mind the job itself, but if it's causing problems with my hands and wrists, then I'm not sure. I'm gonna take some ibuprofen first and see if that helps.

Have you asked around if anyone else at your job is facing/has faced the same problem?
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
No, I didn't notice it until I got off of work yesterday, and it's the weekend.

I have an appointment at the doctor, I will let you guys know what's wrong.

Hi there, I think you're right about being careful with your health. Asking your coworkers for tips on how to not hurt oneself may be helpful as well, as Verdusk said. Especially if they're nice.
I hope this goes out alright. Good luck!
ps - I agree with Icymind. Blogs are usually the only thing I spend time reading very occasionally. I like that they're usually the most sincere part of the forums.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ilraon for this post:
  • IcyMind, Mystery
Yep, I was right. I have tendonitis in my left wrist. They prescribed me a higher dosage of ibuprofen since the lower dosage I had at home didn't help. I will talk to someone at work if I think of it, but I'm pretty sure it's the repetition that caused it.

Ah good job you went to the doctor
The higher dosage is helping! Smile I'm glad I didn't have to get an x-ray of my wrist or have a cast put on or something, cause that would've costed a lot more.

Update: Not sure how much it's helping cause my wrists still hurt, so depending how bad it goes on Sunday, I might start looking for another job.

Painkillers aren't a good long-term solution. Ibuprofen stops working very quickly for me and I have to smoke weed instead Big Grin
PLAY ECCHI VIDEO SLOT - http://www.mediafire.com/file/44q24eech9vs7p2/Ecchi_Beta_1.2d_%2528R2C%2529.exe/file
[Image: o3TFRSC.png]
message me on discord if you want uncensored version :3
Well the ibuprofen combined with using wrist supports at work and a heating pad for 30 minutes a day at home is helping enough.

And I got my first direct deposit! Smile

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • heart
(2019-09-28 01:20:45)Mystery Wrote: I'm glad I didn't have to get an x-ray of my wrist or have a cast put on or something, cause that would've costed a lot more.

Americaaaaaaaaa