Poll: What is Earth?
flat
not flat
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Earth flat?
There is a lot of controversy lately on whether or not the Earth is flat. Some say it is, some say it's not. If you ask me, both sides make some pretty good points. Which side are you on in the debate? Is the Earth flat or not? I'm personally neutral.
[Image: gWu2Jq2.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to ProClifo for this post:
  • Ali, heart
i went for a walk the other day and almost fell off the world, i was teetering over the edge like in wario land going "whoOOAAA! whoooOOAAAA!"

[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Day Of Lavos for this post:
  • Ali, Ena, Northadox, Residays
[Image: DsYorjfU8AAxQDs.jpg]
Anyone who says the Earth is not flat has Donkey Brains.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Uptight 534 for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Ali, Camer the Dragon, heart, Residays
Look at the horizon and tell me if that looks round to you. Wake up sheeple
(2016-04-09 18:31:49)dotime Wrote: clam down
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Milkmann for this post:
  • Ali
It's a pyramid.
My avatar comes from https://thegamercat.com/
It's obviously spherical, duh. but it also doesn't take a genius to know that the Earth is hollow.
Was she reality or just a dream to me

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
The earth is shaped like a shape Cool
the earth is donut shaped, literally been nasa satellite footage out there for years showing it

[Image: 1541789697177-DonutEarth.jpeg?crop=0.933...e=2000%3A*]
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to heart for this post:
  • Ena, Residays, Tebbe, Tuxi
Of course. Look at the ground!
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Milkmann, Residays
Isn't it necessary to discuss the topic?
It's nothing but a religious topic; just believe in what you would like to believe.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to SouthAnd960 for this post:
  • Ali, heart, Residays
(2019-11-23 06:18:50)SouthAnd960 Wrote: Isn't it necessary to discuss the topic?
It's nothing but a religious topic; just believe in what you would like to believe.

I want to believe you're joking/trolling. I want to believe.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon, heart, Residays
I'm with heart. It's a torus.
[Image: tw2m4pN.png] All Hail Shanaroo
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tuxi for this post:
  • heart
The universe is donut-shaped, not Earth. Get it right.
Was she reality or just a dream to me

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
lolis are flat.
PLAY ECCHI VIDEO SLOT - http://www.mediafire.com/file/44q24eech9vs7p2/Ecchi_Beta_1.2d_%2528R2C%2529.exe/file
[Image: o3TFRSC.png]
message me on discord if you want uncensored version :3
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to IcyMind for this post:
  • Ena
Anyway, strictly speaking, the Earth is a geoid, which is a word that means "an Earth-shaped object". How useful.

[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ali, Ena, heart, Residays, Tuxi
(2019-11-23 06:18:50)SouthAnd960 Wrote: Isn't it necessary to discuss the topic? It's nothing but a religious topic; just believe in what you would like to believe.

Are you even human?
My avatar comes from https://thegamercat.com/
(2019-11-23 22:24:21)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Anyway, strictly speaking, the Earth is a geoid, which is a word that means "an Earth-shaped object". How useful.

lol

"What shape is the earth?"
"Earth shaped"
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Camer the Dragon for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Ena, Residays, SouthAnd960, Tuxi
(2019-11-23 07:03:28)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2019-11-23 06:18:50)SouthAnd960 Wrote: Isn't it necessary to discuss the topic?

I want to believe you're joking/trolling. I want to believe.

The word "religious" is a bit off, but it makes sense for an idea that's technically really important but has so few observable effects that it's barely falsifiable and discussions go in circles. At least for the conspiracy theory version of flat earth.

There's a category that "Does God exist" and "Is Earth flat" both fit into that "Do vaccines cause autism" doesn't.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • SouthAnd960
(2019-11-24 20:20:11)Ringstaart Wrote: There's a category that "Does God exist" and "Is Earth flat" both fit into that "Do vaccines cause autism" doesn't.

#1: cannot be proven either way and any position on it is entirely founded on belief
#2: can be proven, but it's hard for your average person to prove and acknowledge; most people's position is based on trust
#3: can be proven and is easily observable; most people's position is based on both trust and observation

What's the common category?

(2019-11-24 22:48:55)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2019-11-24 20:20:11)Ringstaart Wrote: There's a category that "Does God exist" and "Is Earth flat" both fit into that "Do vaccines cause autism" doesn't.

#1: cannot be proven either way and any position on it is entirely founded on belief
#2: can be proven, but it's hard for your average person to prove and acknowledge; most people's position is based on trust
#3: can be proven and is easily observable; most people's position is based on both trust and observation

What's the common category?

Deism can't be proven either way, but that's not the case for the forms of theism a staggering number of people actually hold. If you believe that God exists because of the evidence of Him coming to earth in the form of his only begotten son and performing miracles then that's pretty falsifiable. If you believe that God has certain commonly accepted properties then you need an answer to the problem of suffering.

Falsifying the existence of that kind of God is still hard because a lot of extremely intelligent people have been coming up with counter-counter-arguments for as long as the counter-arguments have existed. There's a retort against everything, and although the retorts are each a bit shaky individually they often require a lot of specialized knowledge to convincingly refute and they add up to a system with enough internal consistency to be believable to even legitimately skeptical people on the inside of it.

I think theism is also in practice founded on trust in the community, so it's not so different from the others in that sense. "My entire village believes in God so they're probably onto something" is not such a bad reason to be religious.

Like typical theism, the flat earth conspiracy theory rests on some factual assertions that can in principle be checked, but that mostly can't be checked at your kitchen table and that all have elaborate counter-counter-arguments based on specialized knowledge about optics and such. You need to go pretty deep to satisfyingly break the internal consistency.

For both of them you can argue that debating them isn't worth it. They have this way of generating lots of heat and not convincing a lot of people, so you're better off discussing other things. I don't know if I agree, but it's defensible.

"Do vaccines cause autism" has severe negative observable concrete short-term effects if you act on the wrong position. I don't think a live and let live approach is as justifiable for that.

So what SouthAnd960 said can make sense as a non-jokey opinion if you swap out the word "religious".