Poll: what will win
piracy will win
anti-piracy will win
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will anti-piracy win?
Will companies such as Nintendo one day be able to completely block free distribution of their ROMs on the internet? They are actively trying, taking down one website after another. Will they one day have taken down everything?
[Image: gWu2Jq2.jpg]
Depends since cartridge pins rust out with age.
there will always be copies on some people's computers

so I doubt this kinda stuff will ever be 100% gone, it'll prob go more underground

but to know how effective? I mean I've never looked into this stuff so idk
I don't know much about video game piracy tbh, but we've definitely experienced a decline in piracy for movies and music thanks to streaming services (though mostly in wealthier countries). So I definitely believe that anti-piracy will continue to become more effective by providing other means of accessibility, but definitely not absolute.

• єиα •
(2019-11-28 19:17:02)ProClifo Wrote: Will companies such as Nintendo one day be able to completely block free distribution of their ROMs on the internet? They are actively trying, taking down one website after another. Will they one day have taken down everything?

Of course not. That would require them being able to see all of the Internet.
Major governments around the world haven't gotten rid of drugs, arms and human trafficking, and you expect publishers to get rid of media-sharing websites? Fat chance.

(2019-11-28 22:52:02)Ena Wrote: I don't know much about video game piracy tbh, but we've definitely experienced a decline in piracy for movies and music thanks to streaming services (though mostly in wealthier countries). So I definitely believe that anti-piracy will continue to become more effective by providing other means of accessibility, but definitely not absolute.

That's not really anti-piracy; that's increased availability.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
No. There's always gonna be obscure websites hosting pirated content.
Was she reality or just a dream to me

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
(2019-11-29 01:37:07)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2019-11-28 19:17:02)ProClifo Wrote: Will companies such as Nintendo one day be able to completely block free distribution of their ROMs on the internet? They are actively trying, taking down one website after another. Will they one day have taken down everything?

Of course not. That would require them being able to see all of the Internet.
Major governments around the world haven't gotten rid of drugs, arms and human trafficking, and you expect publishers to get rid of media-sharing websites? Fat chance.

(2019-11-28 22:52:02)Ena Wrote: I don't know much about video game piracy tbh, but we've definitely experienced a decline in piracy for movies and music thanks to streaming services (though mostly in wealthier countries). So I definitely believe that anti-piracy will continue to become more effective by providing other means of accessibility, but definitely not absolute.

That's not really anti-piracy; that's increased availability.

No, my point is that piracy has declined as a result of increased availability (one of many sources) -- which isn't anti-piracy in the sense of cracking down on pirated content/hosting sites/distributors (legal action and whatnot), but has the intended effect of deterring people from seeking pirated content and financially compensating the creator(s).

• єиα •
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ena for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789