Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you love to talk about?
I think most people have specific passions or things that they either can talk about A LOT or simply love to talk about in general. Do you have any, and what are yours?

Personally I love music related discussions. I enjoy sharing things I know about genres, artists, or even specific songs and albums. It's also fun to have discussions with people about their favourite music, their opinions on certain things, or just hearing about things they're passionate about even if it's not the same as my specific interests  Sun

• єиα •
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Ena for this post:
  • IcyMind, Ilraon, Mystery, queha
Nice thread idea!

Failing companies. I guess because I'm weird.

Oldies music? I talk about that sometimes, if a topic about it gets brought up.

Also, video games or shows that I like.

I really don't talk much though, I prefer listening to other people.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • Ena
Airplanes or aviation in general.

Sports, especially talking about how bad my favorite teams are or how I am the only person I know IRL that watches motorsports.

Any type of video games, however I am kind of out of the loop with modern stuff because of multiple reasons (my latest console is an Xbox 360, my computer is mainly for school and will not run new games well, I am not big into the whole Twitch thing, and more). Though, I will be the first to tell you how Burnout 3: Takedown is the greatest video game of all time, talk about how amazing the original Fallout games were, brag how Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 is the second highest rated game of all time on Metacritic.

I will also gladly talk about how New York City is a terrible city.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Uptight 534 for this post:
  • Ena
Politics actually. Recently I've been talking about this:

Online competitive matchmaking games should be regulated in my opinion. I think the addiction potential for matchmaking games is stronger than drugs & gambling. It's very accessible, just login and play for free, people feel forced to play to upgrade their rank as a "social status" and it can just spike out of control from there. People spend an insane amount of time playing and will make unjustified sacrifices. It's the teens' best alternative as an escape from real life compared to drugs & gambling (which of course is illegal for a teen, so naturally they choose their only legal option if they don't wanna break the law.)

This is just an example of something I've been talking about as of late. The major problem with matchmaking games is that it has come to the point where it's the same problem as with alcohol. If all ISPs blocked matchmaking servers worldwide right now people would go insane and minor conflicts/wars could break out if no replacement for the matchmaking addiction was found, although it's more likely that people would just turn to drugs/gambling instead.

I strongly believe that matchmaking games play a big role in increasing depression worldwide.
PLAY ECCHI VIDEO SLOT - http://www.mediafire.com/file/44q24eech9vs7p2/Ecchi_Beta_1.2d_%2528R2C%2529.exe/file
[Image: o3TFRSC.png]
message me on discord if you want uncensored version :3
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to IcyMind for this post:
  • Ena, Ilraon
Psychology. Can talk about it for hours
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Ena, IcyMind
(2020-01-29 08:49:53)IcyMind Wrote: Politics actually. Recently I've been talking about this:

Online competitive matchmaking games should be regulated in my opinion. I think the addiction potential for matchmaking games is stronger than drugs & gambling. It's very accessible, just login and play for free, people feel forced to play to upgrade their rank as a "social status" and it can just spike out of control from there. People spend an insane amount of time playing and will make unjustified sacrifices. It's the teens' best alternative as an escape from real life compared to drugs & gambling (which of course is illegal for a teen, so naturally they choose their only legal option if they don't wanna break the law.)

This is just an example of something I've been talking about as of late. The major problem with matchmaking games is that it has come to the point where it's the same problem as with alcohol. If all ISPs blocked matchmaking servers worldwide right now people would go insane and minor conflicts/wars could break out if no replacement for the matchmaking addiction was found, although it's more likely that people would just turn to drugs/gambling instead.

I strongly believe that matchmaking games play a big role in increasing depression worldwide.

Excellent point!
I had made the link with CS:GO case opening and that kind of stuff, but it's true that competitive gaming, too, is in itself addictive.
(Reminds me of an article I read where a developper from Fortnight stated their number 1 goal was to maximize player retention.)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ilraon for this post:
  • IcyMind
I'll happily talk about anything I have at least some knowledge about. (It's hard to contribute to a discussion about something you know absolutely nothing about.) Sure, some topics are more interesting than others, but I've had very interesting debates about completely random topics.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ena
(2020-01-29 18:50:53)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: I'll happily talk about anything I have at least some knowledge about. (It's hard to contribute to a discussion about something you know absolutely nothing about.) 

For some people, it is super easy for them to talk about a subject they know nothing about and then talk like they know everything. I once had someone tell me about how Fallout: New Vegas was all about the Brotherhood of Steel.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
anime
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tebbe for this post:
  • Ena, IcyMind
ESOTERIC PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES!

At first I found Pxem, then I seriously studied its Turing-completeness for about half a year. Googling how to prove Turing-completeness and what are Turing-complete as examples, I got more and more interested in esolang and some computational models.
Then I learnt and got interested in computability theory. Computational complexity theory, on the other hand, attracted me less.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to queha for this post:
  • Ena
i tend to talk about music, shows/movies that i watch, and video games

also recent events sometimes, tho I mainly just read about them or listen to what others have to say about them
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GodJob for this post:
  • Ena
Video games: Mostly indie and roguelikes. I like Desktop Dungeons, Streets of Rogue, Little Fighter 2, Factorio, Cultris, MARDEK RPG, Minecraft. Some of these aren't very well-known, I guess. I've made a few video games myself, like the ever-incomplete Jiggshot. I've learned Unity but I doubt I'll have time to make more games.

Music: I like instrumental music including classic and video game music. Also piano music sheets.

Computer science: I'm into algorithms & data structures. Recently came across Ukkonen's algorithm and I think it's brilliant and probably still has undiscovered applications. No, Mystery, I'm not interested in most phases of data processing.

Competitive programming: Rather than the competitive nature itself, I'm interested in the problems that you solve in this.

Others: I guess I can talk about the flaws of the education system and how they could be better. Also language learning, and personalities.

What I am generally NOT interested in, are stuff like sports, movies, pop music and generally any music with singing, because I don't like human voices.
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Verdusk for this post:
  • Ena
I like talking about anything as long as with someone I like

You taught me love, you taught me life, you taught me yemlo.

x
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Matt for this post:
  • Ena
only things i feel pretty knowledgeable on are animation, games, music and horse racing so i guess those

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Day Of Lavos for this post:
  • Ena