Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How not to be panic with coronavirus
These days we almost see the news about coronavirus, and we get panic as if the world would end.
I really don't panic, but my mother does.
How not to be panic with coronavirus and such the news?
Nobody thinks the world will end. This breed of coronavirus is lethal, but it doesn't have a high mortality rate — about 3%.

The issue is that 3% of a hundred thousand people is still a lot, and nobody knows how to stop it or cure it. Yet. But that will happen soon. In the meantime, prevention is key.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
Best way to avoid panic is to realise you’re going to catch it, so is you’re family, and you’re all going to die slow, horrible deaths.

Or think and understand it’s all scaremongering and in 6 months no news channel will be mentioning it at all. Same with the Ebola outbreak. If you do catch it and die though give me your account details first. Someone need to improve Japan-Korea relationships

You taught me love, you taught me life, you taught me yemlo.

x
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Matt for this post:
  • Addy, GodJob, ProClifo, Tebbe
(2020-02-28 19:03:45)Matt Wrote: Or think and understand it’s all scaremongering and in 6 months no news channel will be mentioning it at all. Same with the Ebola outbreak.
maybe the reason ebola (or a more comparable one is SARS) didn't spread so much is because everyone was scared of it, and maybe being scared of a deadly virus isn't that bad of an idea, and i've played enough Plague Inc. to know that it could yet mutate into a deadlier strain.

best way to make people aware of the virus is to make them scared of it. coronavirus in 8 weeks has infected more than SARS did in 8 months btw.
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]
Don't watch the news
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
(2020-02-28 20:47:22)heart Wrote:
(2020-02-28 19:03:45)Matt Wrote: Or think and understand it’s all scaremongering and in 6 months no news channel will be mentioning it at all. Same with the Ebola outbreak.
maybe the reason ebola (or a more comparable one is SARS) didn't spread so much is because everyone was scared of it, and maybe being scared of a deadly virus isn't that bad of an idea, and i've played enough Plague Inc. to know that it could yet mutate into a deadlier strain.

best way to make people aware of the virus is to make them scared of it. coronavirus in 8 weeks has infected more than SARS did in 8 months btw
Plague Inc. doesn’t make you a microbiologist

x
This morning my mother woke me up and said that we must hurry up and go buy toilet paper and tissue.
Then we found toilet paper and tissue were sold out; we managed to buy only some kitchen papers.
What a social panic.

PS. Got forced to buy toilet paper and tissue online by my mother.
PS2. The tweet that toilet paper and tissue would be sold out made people panic, and it really happened. It is said that many things made of paper would be gone from many stores.
(2020-02-29 00:04:38)Matt Wrote: Plague Inc. doesn’t make you a microbiologist

yes it does
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]
Today my mother decided me to cancel the order we ordered yesterday.
(2020-02-29 02:20:11)heart Wrote:
(2020-02-29 00:04:38)Matt Wrote: Plague Inc. doesn’t make you a microbiologist

yes it does

Oh, well in that case my bad

x
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Matt for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, cute, ProClifo, Tebbe
eat a lot, exercise, stay healthy and strong
[Image: gWu2Jq2.jpg]
Today rice got sold out. People might panic with lots of fake news.
It's a lot more likely to kill people who are over 80

if you're under 40 and have no health conditions it's a 0.2% chance which is very low
even if you have a condition it's not like you're gonna auto-die if you get it, it's still much more likely for you to survive

it's for sure worse against the elderly
post a thread about how to not panic over coronavirus on acidforums to compile various methods on how to not panic over it
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GodJob for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Tebbe
Just ignore the media, that's what I do. Works pretty well for me