Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it REALLY a taboo to make a comedy to criticize/irony politics?
Saw an article that talented people whom we see on TV mentioning something about politics are bashed and it is impliedly said to be a taboo. But is that REALLY so, even general people does?
Your country can be really weird at times. Political comedy is a very common genre elsewhere.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
Wait, what!?
in japan it’s more common to respect people purely because of their position, authority or age and speaking against someone who is in a successful position such as politician is seen as rude and a bad thing, but in most countries (or at least most western countries) these things don’t overtake what strong opinions people personally have of them or their ideas

political satire is a very common thing and isn’t seen as disrespectful or taboo. it serves the same purpose as comedy based on social issues, and while it isn’t as common in japan there are still many mainstream examples of it that i don’t think were controversial in japan, the first one i can think of being shin godzilla
no
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to cute for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789
I've seen a few shows here about this lol
maybe it's diff in diff places but it's a common topic to have a joke at here