Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Ludicolo racist?
Some people say Ludicolo is racist, but most Mexicans I've talked to say they love seeing their culture embraced in pop culture and international media. So is it racist, if so, who's complaining most about it?

[Image: 2272-Shiny-Ludicolo.png]
[Image: gWu2Jq2.jpg]
If it acts like an overexaggerated stereotypical mexican then I would consider it harmless ignorant racism (which I think is common in the east) which is miles better than hostile racism. I have a strong feeling the only people complaining about it are privileged people who want to show off their moral superiority by being concerned about those "under" them
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GodJob for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, rabbits
It's the same people that said Speedy Gonzales is racist, but the Mexicans said they liked the cultural representation.

[Image: 1200px-Speedy_Gonzales.svg.png]

I think some people just like finding reasons to be upset. I don't know why.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Residays
who is that
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
I haven't seen mexicans be bothered by it at all which is why I think it's stupid for "activists" online to complain about it.

Here's a similar story: I'm Venezuelan, which is one of the worst countries in the world, having the worst economy in the entire world due to inflation.

My family and I were watching South Park, and there was this character, a janitor who worked under minimum wage cleaning shitty bathrooms who was Venezuelan.

We laughed.

We didn't find it offensive, if anything we found it cool that our problems and existence was being acknowledge, you usually don't see us represented in media.

Fuck the people who are saying these things are racist tbh.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Residays for this post:
  • heart
I honestly don't even understand this line of thought. Pointing at every reference to another culture and calling it racist is probably one of the most ignorant things you can do.

It's as if they believe that people in country A are not allowed to even talk about country B.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • heart
white ppl out here gettin offended for us
tryna make it out the hood