Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump banned from Twitter
Biased article here: https://globalnews.ca/news/7566160/trump...y-navalny/

Thoughts?
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • heart
You know what, the article actually makes a good point. Why isn't Maduro banned? He's literally a dictator.
6 days into the year and it's already starting off like shit.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • Ali, Residays
I think everyone should be banned from Twitter, personally.

(Interesting that this is the thread that is made rather than one about the attempted coup.)
[Image: tw2m4pN.png] All Hail Shanaroo
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tuxi for this post:
  • heart, Northadox
The thread they quote is really a good summary of my opinion: https://twitter.com/navalny/status/1347969772177264644
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ali, heart, Northadox
(2021-01-10 21:36:25)Tuxi Wrote: I think everyone should be banned from Twitter, personally.

(Interesting that this is the thread that is made rather than one about the attempted coup.)

Its coz pretty much everyone is in agreement that the riots are bad while banning Trump is quite controversial.
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Tuxi
I think Trump has said a bunch of things on Twitter that would get you banned if you were someone else, though I'm not super familiar with Twitter's policies. I'm not sure if the tweets that they banned him for actually went over the line. I think they banned him because he's leaving office soon so it's no longer dangerous to do that. They have wanted to ban him for a long time. The recent events helped but they were to some extent a pretext.

Maduro is presumably not banned because he didn't make any bannable tweets. You don't get banned for actions that are unrelated to twitter, at least nominally. If Trump hadn't made tweets that were vaguely connected to the Capitol thing they wouldn't have had an excuse to ban him.

I'm not a free speech absolutist but it's very iffy to leave what is and isn't acceptable up to the whims of tech companies.
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, heart, Morena Batteux, Mystery, Residays, Tuxi